This documentation is specific to MS Outlook 2010 configuration on a MS Windows 7 workstation, but similar steps can be followed to configure MS Outlook 2007 and 2013.
(These instructions should only be necessary if AutoDiscover is not setup.)
Note: Not supported with Outlook 2003 or prior.
1. From Control Panel launch the Mail applet.
2. Click Add to create a new Mail Profile. Enter a Profile Name and click OK.
3. Choose the “Manually configure…” radio button and click Next.
4. Choose Microsoft Exchange… radio button and click Next.
5. Enter snaex15mbx01 for the Server name and the User Name for the mailbox (normally the full e-mail address). Recommended to click the checkbox for Use Cached Exchange Mode. Then choose More Settings.
6. Select the Connection tab and click the checkbox under Outlook Anywhere forConnect to Microsoft Exchange using HTTP. Then choose Exchange Proxy Settings….
7. Enter the data as the picture below.
- Use this URL to connect to my proxy server for Exchange: ex15.rsapps.com
- Connect using SSL only: checked
- Only connect to proxy servers that have this principal name in their certificate:msstd:ex15.rsapps.com
- On fast networks…: checked
- On slow networks…: checked
- Proxy Authentication settings: NTLM Authentication
- Choose OK, then OK again
8. Choose Check Name, enter the Password to authenticate the user. (Recommended to click the checkbox for Remember my credentials). Choose OK
9. After it has authenticated, choose Next then Finish.
10. Choose whether you want MS Outlook to Prompt for a profile to be used or Always use this profile, select the Profile to always use. Then choose OK.
11. Outlook should now be configured to use your RapidScale Mailbox.